What is The Buchan Project?
Contact us on 51 559 216 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Buchan Project Twitter conversation : #buchenproject
Dates to be announced. Sometime in April
Saturday 2013 10 – 3pm
Sunday 2013 10 – 2pm
Emerging Tools and Technologies – Where are we headed?
You are invited to attend our ICT weekend at the Buchan Neighbourhood House where we will be offering a weekend of workshops designed to suit the needs of our community. Meet our online Tutors. Fully Catered. Please RSVP.
Some of the workshop ideas to date:
- Facing the challenges and connecting in the 21st Century
- Find out info about the life of Windows 7
- Website workshops and the Buchan Community Site – buchan.vic.au
- How our community groups can benefit through promoting your Events online using Big Diary, EGSC events calendar, Local events calendars
- Connecting with the NBN and Internet
- Tourism: Developing identity and using other websites to promote your business ie. Destination Gippsland
- Farming Uses for the Internet and new technology
- Library services and technology
Guest Speakers including Liz Boughton from the National Broadband Network and Three Shires ICT Project.
We also encourage you to give us some feedback on any other topics or subjects you would be interested in attending. The weekend will be design for you to come for the entire time or to just the sessions that are of interest to you. Further details and timetable will be developed and sent our prior to the weekend.
After school maths program
Every Tuesday Secondary Students 5 – 6 pm Primary Students 4 – 5 pm This program started on 18th October for both primary and secondary school students. Duration of the classes are one hour and conducted by a registered school teacher. Students participating will need to complete a permission form for working with children regulations. This program is available to students outside of the Buchan region.
Stay Smart Online. For more information and tips