The Community Garden is beginning to grow and flourish!
Find us on Facebook
Do come and visit our small garden at the back of the Uniting Church and join us every Friday afternoon from 11 am at the garden
Bring some of your excess produce to share with others in the community. There’s always lots of sharing ideas for the garden; catching up with news in the Community and generally enjoying each others’ company. All welcome – even if you just want to join us for a cuppa and sit under the trees. Remember, this is our Community Garden!
- Planted potatoes and pumpkins in the ground covered with paper and straw mulch for a communal meal after harvesting.
- Prepared 3 garden beds for vegies using river loam and mulch in an old water tank cut into 3 rings. Beans, peas, zucchini, lettuce and tomatoes planted and some ready for eating!
- Strawberries planted in tractor tyre.
- Laying carpet with tree mulch for paths
- Laying carpet under garden beds and on paths for couch grass control.